Do you love horses? Are your curious about horseback riding and want to be as graceful as professional riders? How about spending your weekend learning all there is to know about the basics of horse riding in the most charming countryside environment? . more >
Imagine living in a very large house or Manor with 27 lovely rooms. You will enjoy the grand accommodation, fine dining, horse riding and best of all, warm and friendly service. Your experience will have you and your partner enjoy one of our Verandah rooms, where you will have your own verandah for relaxing, socializing and simply enjoying an afternoon tea together. We pride ourselves in embracing the finest of living yet still maintaining a very laid-back and relaxed environment.
Your experience includes a farm house breakfast, a delightful lunch and a candlelight gourmet dinner where we use only the freshest ingredients. For your meals, there isn’t a fixed menu. Everyday there is something freshly cooked just for you. The meals are usually accompanied by either a delicious soup, an inspirational salad or succulent vegetables poached to perfection. What is more, we have deserts with recipes kept over generations to finish your meal.
Horse riding has long been considered an enjoyable activity for people of all ages and abilities. Many riders take horse riding so much more than just a sport or hobby because having to control a horse as well as one's own body inspires self-confidence, responsibility and teamwork. People say the best part of this experience is really the chance to bond with this remarkable animal and also to work with an amazing partner.
This is a certificate programme, and to get your 2 days worth, our well trained group leaders will fill you with over 5 hours of mounted riding lessons and training, hands-on sessions on exercising a horse, feeding and care, horse sense in saddling, mounting and grooming, and learning to ride in groups.
On the first day, your program will run from 10am to 6pm. You will learn up to 7 skills which includes :
Skill 1: Horse Sense
• Handling horses in everyday situations.
• Ten points of catching a stabled horse.
• Tying up.
Skill 2: Preparing to Ride
• Reasons for grooming.
• Grooming kit.
• General points of grooming.
Skill 3: Tacking Up
• Procedure used when putting on the saddle and bridle.
Skills 4 & 5:
• From nearside of horse helping a rider to mount.
• From nearside using stirrup.
• From nearside without stirrup.
In the Saddle
• Tightening girth on nearside when mounted.
• Correct length of stirrup when mounted.
• Altering length of stirrup when mounted.
• Taking up and holding the single rein.
• Position of rider in saddle.
• Exercises at halt with and without stirrups.
Skills 6 & 7:
The Correct Way of Going
• The aids.
• Halt to walk, walk to halt.
• Circles and turns.
• From walk to trot, trot to walk.
• Sitting & rising trot.
On your second day, the program will run from 8am – 12pm. You will first refresh all 7 skills as you’ve learnt the day before. Next, you will continue learning 2 more skills which include:
Skills 8 & 9
Lessons on the Lunge
• Exercises, trot to canter.
After you are all prepped and ready to go, go ahead and enjoy a complimentary trail ride where you can also test your skills in handling and riding a horse in an invigorating journey through a tropical forest – a great way of exploring our own land.
Dealing with a horse may be intense but it is nonetheless, very rewarding. It is said that the special relationship between the rider and the horse is simply, indescribable. Horse riding not only frees you from the stresses of everyday life, it gives you time and space to get your life and priorities back in perspective.
Entering the world of horse riding is like entering a world of unique and fascinating new experiences. Take on this beautiful experience with a loved one and take back with you memories to last a lifetime!
This experience includes:
• 1 night's accommodation at the Verandah Room for 2 person
• 2 Days ‘Learn to Ride’ program
- Over 5 hours of mounted riding lessons and training
- Hands-on sessions on exercising a horse, feeding and care
- Horse sense in saddling, mounting and grooming
- Riding in groups
- 1 Complimentary Trail Ride
- Certificate award
• 1 Farmhouse Breakfast
• 1 Delightful Lunch
• 1 Candlelight Gourmet Dinner
• Spa pool
• Country home hospitality
• 10% discount on more horse riding (ie: trail rides, group lessons…etc). This is payable directly to the lodge if you’d like to add-on other horse riding activities.