A tropical spice garden cooking class? How would that work right? Ever seen those cooking shows where they teach you how to cook amidst the backdrops of a tranquil and idyllic locale like by the beach or on a hilltop? This is pretty much the same thing. Learn to cook Malaysian delights amidst a jungle sanctuary.
This package will teach you how to cook with a fully hands-on experience where you and your friends will prepare the meals from scratch, at your own work stations in the class room. Designed for cooks of all levels, it doesn’t matter if you are an experienced cook or this is your first rodeo, you will be able to learn at your own pace. Step into the premise and allow the country-style kitchen feel to bring you back to the good old days of your grandmother’s kitchen teeming away with activities and glorious smells.
The class is fully equipped with 10 individula workstations and traditional utensils for that local touch. Everything you need is right there and you have all the toys to play with. You will be taught by experienced and friendly chefs for 2 hours using only the freshest ingredients and spices that make these dishes so uniquely delicious.
There will also be a guided tour of the Spice Terraces prior to your cooking class that will introduce you to the fabulous diversity of the spices and herbs. As for lunch, you and your friends will be dining in a large, outdoor gazebo just a stone’s throw away from the cooking school fitted with picnic benches and tables. It is airy, spacious and overlooks the beautiful sea and its surrounding forest trees.
You have learnt cooking before but never quite like this. A unique twist to something that can be so ordinary at times. Nothing helps you learn better than to be completely relaxed and comfortable, truly a cooking class in a tropical paradise.
This package includes:
• 2 hour cooking class on traditional regional dishes
• Taught by experienced chefs
• Guided tour of the Spice Terraces
• Herbal tea session at the Bamboo Garden
• Lunch at The Pavillion with a specially brewed drink of the day
• Class is fitted with 10 cooking stovetops (20 hobs), 1 oven, 2 large refrigerators, 1 outdoor grinding stone station, 1 outdoor grilling station and coffee/tea making facilities
• 9.00am: Spice Terrace Guided Tour
• 9.45am: Coffee/Tea at Cooking School
• 10.00am: Cooking Class
• 12.00pm: Lunch at The Pavillion
NOTE: No prior experience is needed. This package does not include accommodation.